- The good to knows -
- How easy are the apps to create, do you need any technical knowledge?
- What content will my app have?
- How long before my app is ready?
- How long will it take for my app to be approved?
- Where can I find the approval policies of the Google Play and Apple App Stores?
- My Mobile App ‘auto updates with the website’. What does this mean?
- How long will it take for my app changes (e.g. change of icon) to be updated?
- Can we preview the app before committing to the Premium Plan?
- What does the premium or paid version of My Mobile App offer?
- What is meant by Analytics in the free and premium plans?
The approval process is completely at the discretion of the app stores, and generally takes about a week. Sometimes it will be much quicker, and other times it might take a couple of weeks instead. Unfortunately this is out of our control.
If there are any concerns during the approval process we will be in touch with you right away in order to have them resolved quickly.
Of course, we will let you know as soon as your app is live - so sit back and relax until then.
Apple - usually 1-2 weeks
Android - usually within a week
Google Play Approval Policy: https://play.google.com/about/developer-content-policy/
Apple App Store Approval Policy: https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/
If you have any questions or uncertainties, email our support team and we’ll do our absolute best to help you out.
Every single update made to your app or to how your app is displayed in the app stores must again go through the approval process. This can take up to 2 weeks at times (but is generally much quicker!).
You won't be able to make other updates while your app is undergoing approval; however, you can update again once approved. It's best to make numerous changes at once for fastest effect.
The current version of your app will stay operational until the new version is approved.
My Mobile App is designed to work exactly like your mobile website, but with direct access and some added functionality. For the most part, though, you are previewing your app by interacting with your website in a mobile web browser.
Aside from that, there's a preview available for your benefit at all stages of the app build process. Look for the "Preview" icon (example attached) on the right side of the page to open your preview. This is available from your Dashboard too.
Then, of course, there's always the option of first selecting the Free Plan for your app, having it built and published in the Google Play store, and then assessing your app in this regard prior to upgrading to the Premium Plan. This is likely to give you the most true assessment of your app - as it is a live app on the Android platform - and won't cost you a thing.
Please note: Selecting the Premium Plan will result in your app being built and submitted to Apple for approval and subsequent publishing in their App Store. You will be charged for the first month, so make sure you're happy to proceed prior to selecting the plan.
A push alert is a notification that appears on your customer's phone, if they have the app. It's like an SMS, but free.
The premium plan offers an enhanced analytics package with many more statistics including:
- App usage statistics – how many are using the app every day
- Toolbar analytics – i.e. how many users have clicked on the phone or email buttons
- Push alert open rate – how each alert has performed
- Push alert conversions - how many users click through from alert to website
- App session times – how long users are spending in the app
- The app dashboard allows access to analytics, which are updated every 24 hours
- App related questions -
- Can I change my screenshots?
- Can I change my icon?
- Can I change the category for my app?
- Can I change the theme of my app?
- Can I have my app banner on the top of the website to prompt web users to download the app?
- Can my app incorporate with affiliate programs to track my sales? Eg. Post Affiliate Pro
Of course you can!
At the moment the easiest way to change screenshots is to take a screen-capture of your app on your mobile device and send them through to us to make the change on your behalf. You can set up to 5 screenshots.
We will soon be releasing our state-of-the-art screenshot capture extension that will allow you to set your screenshots yourself with complete ease. Stay tuned.
You can change your icon easily in the App Store Appearance section of your Dashboard.
The ideal size for your icon is 1024 x 1024 pixels - but don't stress if you don't have this, we adjust your images to the required sizes. (The minimum accepted size is 250 x 250 px)
You can change your category really easily: just send us an email letting us know which category you would like to be listed under.
This will require your app to go through the approval process again. It may take up to 2 weeks for your app to appear in its new category.
See the Google Play categories here: https://play.google.com/store/apps (click on the Category tab)
You can see the Apple categories in the attached file.
My Mobile App uses your mobile friendly website as the basis of your app.
Any changes you make to your website will automatically be reflected in your app. This applies for design changes too.
So the short answer is yes, you can change the theme of your app. The longer answer is that this change is done to your website, i.e. outside of My Mobile App, and the app will match whatever changes you make.
We may look to add custom themes and layouts in the future if there is large support for such developments from our customer base; however, for now all design is done outside of My Mobile App.
This is largely based on My Mobile App being a gateway app solution; allowing you to use your website in ways previously unavailable to you. We want to keep the focus on amplifying your website rather than adding complications relating to design and customisation.
If there's something in particular you'd like to see added to your app - please be in touch with your suggestions and feedback!
We can provide you with some code that you can then stick in the header of your website in order to prompt a banner advertising your app when people visit your page.
We're happy to help you, or point you in the right direction based on your platform provider, if you are unsure how to add the code to your site.
Due to security reasons and software limitations, we have to look into the program to see if it fits into our system’s architecture.
Please be in touch with your request and specific affiliate program, and we'll have our development team see what they can do.
- Troubleshootings -
- I've updated my website but my app is still showing the old one?
- Why aren't my push notifications being received?
- Why doesn’t my 3rd party software work? Eg. Whatsapp share
- Why can’t the app upload files?
- Why isn't one of my menu items showing?
Have you tried quitting the app and then opening it up again?
Sometimes your app will cache your website in order to provide better performance. To reset just quit your app and then open it again - your app should now match your updated website.
For Push Notifications to be received the user has to give your app permission to send Push Alerts.
Permission is automatically granted on Android devices. Apple will prompt the user when they first load your app for the permission to be granted.
From time to time there are issues with the registration of Push Certificates (the technical back-end requirements), which will require us to look into it further - but this is usually a quick fix and we'll get you sending out those notifications in no time!
Any 3rd party software used on your website should be working in the app.
From time to time though security and permission issues cause some minor headaches, which are usually easily fixed.
If this is the case, please notify us with the name of the third party software and our development team will do their best to get everything working as brilliantly as intended.
Your app should be able to upload files. Just as your website would be able to do the same.
If you are having any troubles, please contact us and our development team will look into the problem for you.
Often this is due to your menu settings not reflecting your app desires. You can choose to show or hide menu items from the menu section in your Dashboard.
If the problem persists, please be in touch and we'll see what we can do.
- Housekeeping -
- Which currency do you charge?
- Can I be listed as the developer for my app?
- How do I cancel/unsubscribe from My Mobile App?
- What is your refund policy?
Unfortunately we can't transfer your application built with My Mobile App to another developer account. This is largely for two reasons:
- For the purposes of app management and maintenance we keep your app under an Appswiz developer account, allowing us to take care of any and all app issues should they arise.
- We've spent a lot of time, effort, and money making My Mobile App a terrific gateway app solution, so we keep your app under an Appswiz developer account in order to protect our intellectual property.
However, if you have a new app built with another developer we are more than happy to transfer your app name across for your new app.
My Mobile App is all about making life easy for you. This goes for unsubscribing too.
There are no lock in contracts. No minimum commitments of any sort.
To unsubscribe from My Mobile App all you have to do is remove the My Mobile App application from your platform provider, and we'll take care of the rest.
Your app will be removed from the app stores.
All apps that have previously been downloaded onto a mobile device will remain on that device; however, if accessed, the app will display an 'offline' message.
You may re-instate your My Mobile App subscription at any time.